AWI Steel, an Australian based company, are a growing steel fabricator who came to BBI Services to support their expansion.
AWI Steel were seeing an increase in their project portfolio and their complexity.
Key project management processes were people-driven and labour intensive.
The senior leadership team sought a solution to alleviate resource strain, consolidate information and facilitate collaborative working.
To deploy a digital control process for Quality Assurance and Project Deliverables across the whole business.
Deploy remotely into Australia from the UK.
- Mapped out an end to end workflow.
- Tasks were reviewed and categorised by a quality control gate, assigned to an owner, estimated the duration and linked to an associated action or approval.
- A final agreed workflow was developed and digitalised using an online planning and collaborative platform. All commencements, notifications, approvals and handovers were automated.
- Project charter: maintained and reviewed monthly.
- Process mapping: Activities, stages and approvals.
- Measurement Plan: Key performance indicators (KPIs) and monthly senior leadership team (SLT) reporting.
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix and visual management board: Deployment Project Management board and dashboard.
Some feedback from the team:
“The team at BBI Services have been outstanding in helping AWI Steel set up our integrated digital platform to track our performance from project tender right through to hand over.”
“We are now working with BBI Services to further integrate Lean Construction principles to sustain and enhance their performance.”
Engagement level was 73% at pilot and resulted in a roll-out engagement of 100%.
Resource Relief: Elimination of manual documentation compilation. Documents stored and downloadable on a organisational platform.
Information Consolidation: Single source of information at-risk tasks are immediately flagged to relevant parties.
Sequence Efficiency: Automated process handovers reduce time between activities.
Collaborative Working: Project positions are immediately visible to all levels of the business through dashboard reports, project boards and look ahead planning.